Beecroft-Cheltenham History Group

From the foundation of the suburb of Beecroft, it was envisaged that there would be sections of open space for public recreation

The first parcels of land now comprising Beecroft Reserve were identified as such in an 1886 Department of Lands map. Trustees for the reserve were appointed from at least 1897 – although the Progress Association described the steep and scrubby land beside Devlin’s Creek as “utterly useless.”[1]


[1] Beecroft Cheltenham History GroupBeecroft and Cheltenham: the shaping of a Sydney
community to 1914
(privately published, Beecroft, 1995) p 237

 

 

Go to top