Warren’s Pharmacy, Beecroft
In 1929 Harry Robert Warren, in partnership with his brother-in-law, Norman Edwards, bought a pharmacy at Beecroft on the corner of Beecroft Road and Hannah Street. They bought the business for 1,200 pounds from Frederick Turnbull who was the proprietor of the Pharmacy since 1923. The Warren family rented a house at 84 Beecroft Road (opposite the fire station).
Times were hard as this was the Great Depression and it was difficult for the business to support four adults and four young children. They often had to give customers credit.
Harry joined the Beecroft Masons and in 1930 he entered into an agreement with the Loyal Epping Masonic Lodge to act as their chemist, providing prescriptions to members and their families. The Lodge paid Harry 12/- per annum per member.
The Warren Pharmacy
The Warren family rented a house at 84 Beecroft Road (opposite the fire station).
The Warren Family Home
In 1936, with the Edwards family, Harry Warren and his family moved to Hurstville where they bought two businesses – ‘G.Warren Chemist’ at Forest Road Road, Hurstville and ‘Warren’s Pharmacy’ at Butlers Road, Hurstville.