This street was named after the second wife of Sir Henry Copeland who was Mary the daughter of James Beecroft brewer of Malton Yorkshire, England.
The earliest occupant is Charles L Little who resided there between 1914-1916. Between 1917 up to at least 1933 it was called “Wisbech” and occupied by Charles H Stanger.
It was occupied from the late 1950s until 1962 by the Norrie family and then from 1962 until 1984 by George and Ruth Baur and their daughters. George, a forester, called the home “Tallawang,” being the botanical name of the angophora – a significant specimen of which occupies the backyard.