This street was named after the first wife of Sir Henry Copeland who was Hannah the daughter of James Beecroft brewer of Malton Yorkshire, England
This land was first purchased in 1888 by William Joshua Wilson. He sold it in 1900 to Joseph Alfred Grant who in turn sold it in 1904 to Andrew Murray (1853-1917).
Murray was born in Galshiels Sotland and arrived in Australia when he was 31 years old. He worked for Tucker & Co. He built the house in 1913 and his daughter Isabella was still living there at the time of her death in 1938.
The architect of the house was Charles Nixon, the son of William Mark Nixon and it was built in the Arts & Crafts style.
This land was first purchased by John O’Brien of Ashfield in 1887. He sold it in 1889 to William Gratus Coward an architect of Homebush. The land was then purchased by Henry Rawes Whittell in 1891 who in turn sold it to Charles Robertson Swann (1880-1946) in two separate lots in 1914 and 1917.
Robertson Swan built the house in 1915. The name is an Aboriginal word meaning ‘swan’s nest.’ Robertson Swan was active in the Beecroft and Hornsby cricket clubs. Robertson Swan sold the home in 1921 to purchase in Malton Road.