Churches – Brethren
IN 1913 members of the Brethren engaged a contractor to build a timber Gospel Hall on the northern side of Malton Road between Beecroft Road and the railway line. The building was constructed by Mr Cousins with assistance from George Whiteman and Mr Wynn, each of Sutherland Road. On Sundays, they broke bread at 10 am, had Sunday School at 3 pm and had a Gospel Address at 7.30 pm. Prayer meetings were held on Wednesdays and a bible reading
held every evening at 7.45 pm.
Early in the next century the Brethren purchased the building that had formerly been St Peter’s Anglican Church on corner of Murray Farm and Orchard Roads.