Built in 1914 for Clarence Hardie Gorman of Hardie & Gorman Real Estate it was sold in 1916 to Thomas Irons who was a co-director and chief engineer of Clyde Engineering Co.
The land was purchased in 1889 by Charles William Holloway. He sold it in 1892 to Catherine Rattray wife of George Allan Rattray a bank official.
"Rosemount" (also known as "Rosmon")
The name of the street was given by William Chorley after the name of a street in his birthplace, Cheltenham, England.
This land was first purchased by James Lawson in 1888. He sold it in 1913 to William Henry Price a city fruit merchant. Price then on-sold in the same year to Eleanor Frances Pines (1869-1947) the widow of Frederick Pitt Pines (1839-1901) who had been chief manager of W H Paling & Co the music company.