This land was purchased in 1887 by Myles McRae of Kogarah. He sold it in 1889 to Edward Orme a merchant of Sydney who in turn sold it to Ludovic Blackwood.
G Dalton a builder of Beecroft constructed the home in 1907-08.
None of Blackwood's children married and when the last surviving child. Elizabeth, went to reside in a nursing home in 1967, the house was sold. Part of the land forming the estate was also donated to the National Trust.
Barker & M Elven Houses of Hornsby Shire Vol 1 (Hornsby, 1989) pp 72-74